Installation and Use
Warning: Read and follow instructions. Using this product incorrectly could result in personal injury or death. Consult local, State, and Federal OSHA regulations prior to use.
Parapet Wall and Universal Guardrail System Instructions:
1. Adjust bracket to a width approx. 3-6” wider than the parapet and secure that position with supplied pin.
2. Place bracket over parapet with clamping screw to the outside, position, then tighten bracket securely with appropriate wrench.
3. Install guardrail post into vertical tube on the inside, roof side, of the bracket. The bottom of the post will rest on the roof surface
providing the correct height for OSHA requirements.
4. Repeat with additional brackets every 8 feet, or less, along the parapet. Make certain all brackets are securely tightened.
5. Install quality 2x4's into the square u-bolts provided on the vertical tubes to establish the “Top Rail” and “Mid Rail” of the system
allowing 1 ft. of lap for the next section. Tighten wing nuts. Always inspect all 2x4's before each use for structural defects.
For Exposed Floors:
1. Adjust bracket to a width approx. 3-6” wider than floor thickness and secure that position with supplied pin.
2. Place bracket on end of floor with clamping screw vertically up, position, then tighten bracket securely with appropriate wrench.
3. Install guardrail post into the vertical tube of the mounted bracket. The post will be stopped by the adjustment pin and will
automatically provide the correct guardrail height for OSHA requirement.
4. Continue, following steps No. 4 and 5 above.